Today, August 5th is National Underwear Day. Yes, that is actually a holiday however, it’s one I hope you celebrate every day. But as just a little extra celebration we have a few “underwear facts” to share with you thanks to EBY. EYB was co-founded by Sofia Vergara and Renata Black and is the leading intimate apparel and women’s empowerment brand.
The data comes from Latinx, a female-founded brand that recently revealed its nationwide survey results. They polled 1,500 people to learn more about their underwear routines, and what they keep in that drawer.
EXPOSING THE TRUTH:
· 50% of American womxn* have underwear that’s more than 3 years old.
· 41% of American womxn* prefer a bikini style and cut over brief, thong, cheeky, and high-waisted styles.
· 68% of American womxn* complain wedgies and cameltoes are the number one reason they dislike wearing underwear.
· 70% of American womxn* claim they never go commando.
· 53% of American womxn* are willing to pay $15 or less for underwear
Do these facts surprise you? Happy National Underwear Day.