Banza’s survey entitled “Dinnertime Confessions,” asked parents across the U.S. questions to identify what’s causing all this stress. With the goal of finding ways to make it more enjoyable.
Notable Findings (source Yahoo Finance):
- More than 2 in 5 (44%) parents always try to serve healthy meals to their families, even when it doesn’t seem possible.
- 2 in 5 (43%) parents report they’d take any time saved during dinnertime and use it to spend more time with loved ones. Others would use the time to focus on themselves:
- 1 in 4 parents (25%) parents say they sometimes have to cook multiple different dishes per meal to accommodate different preferences.
- The most stressful thing about dinnertime for parents is coming up with meals that are quick and healthy, but still something their kids will actually eat.
- The overwhelming majority (86%) of parents say they have at least one picky eater in the family.
- Nearly 2 in 5 (39%) parents say accommodating their kids’ picky eating habits causes stress, and more than 1 in 4 (27%) parents are worried they are not giving their children proper nutrition because of their picky eating.
- 64% of parents would do just about anything to not have to deal with dinnertime drama caused by picky eating habits.
- 1 in 5 (20%) parents confess they sometimes feel like they don’t have the time or energy to encourage their kids to try new foods.
Do you deal with dinnertime stress? To see all of the survey findings and learn more about the methodology, click here.
The Dinnertime Confessions Survey was commissioned by Banza and conducted by Kelton Global, a Material Company, between June 7 and June 14, 2021 among 1,014 U.S. citizens ages 18+ with at least one child under the age of 18 who lives with them at least part of the time.
Banza makes comfort foods out of chickpeas, including pasta, pizza, rice, and mac & cheese. Since 2014, Banza has been on a mission to inspire people to eat more chickpeas and other beans because of their positive impact on human and environmental health. Today, Banza’s chickpea products are available in 17,000 stores nationwide, and it is the fastest-growing pasta brand in the country. For more information about Banza, please visit www.eatbanza.com.