Happy Friday! The temperatures will be up in the 90s this weekend, but that isn’t stopping Charlotte; there are still plenty of things going on this weekend. Here’s a list of some events going on this weekend in Charlotte:
Improv at Lenny Boy
- 3000 South Tryon St.
- Charlotte Comedy Theater will be at Lenny Boy. Join for the show, then stick around to enjoy a beer.
90s Pizza Party
- Pinhouse – 2306 Central Ave.
- Head to Pinhouse for a night of 90s TV shows, free pizza and Kool-Aid wine slushies, plus a 90s-themed costume contest. The first 100 guests will get a free slap bracelet.
- 9pm to midnight.
- roam & dwell
- Start your Saturday with a 60-minute workout and mindfulness practice set to upbeat music followed by a private shopping at roam & dwell. This class is designed for students of all levels, shapes, sizes and ages and will leave you feeling energized for the rest of your weekend activities.
Bike & Brunch Tours Charlotte
- 224 East 7th St.
- Pedal your way around Charlotte’s historic neighborhoods on this easy-paced bicycle tour then enjoy brunch. Bikes will be available for rent; closed-toe shoes are encouraged.
- 10am to 1pm.
Dancing In The Park
- Freedom Park 1908 East Blvd.
- The workout will have a variety of dance styles and music. No prior dance experience is required.
- Free, $10 donation appreciated.
- 1908 East Blvd.
- Bring a friend, a mat, and some water and join Sweat Sisters Unite (SSU) for a Summer Sweatcamp, in Freedom Park.
Glory Days Apparel 5 Year Anniversary Party
- 1425 Winnifred St., Suite 107
- Glory Days Apparel will be rolling out several new releases and doing giveaways. Plus, fellow Centro Railyard neighbors, CLT Boutique and Cactus Club are celebrating their one-year anniversaries.
- 10am to 6pm.
Hoppin’ 3 Year Anniversary Party
- 1402 Winnifred St.
- Help Hoppin’ celebrate three years with beer and wine specials, food by Tacos Rico, a photo booth, a DJ, plus more. The first 500 attendees will receive a special prize.
Bop Around The Block – Good Vibes Only Pop-Up Event
- Five13 Studio and The Brown Sugar Collab are partnering to host a fun pop-up event with music and food trucks.
Nostalgic Lane Vintage Market
- DUPP&SWAT on 1824 Statesville Ave.
- Shop vintage and local styles. This event takes place across two days (so you may find something different each day).
Tropidelic at The Music Yard
- 2433 South Blvd.
- Tropidelic is an unapologetically original six-piece band dishing out music that combines reggae, hip-hop, and high-energy funk.
Musicology 101: The Art of the Sample, The Soul of Hip Hop
- 155 North College St.
- Enjoy a night filled with a mash-up of Hip-Hop and R&B with live performances of the Soul, Funk, and Jazz hits that inspired the Hip-Hop legends of the past, present and future.
- 6:30pm & 9pm.
Spoken Word with Sophisticated Laughs
- 305 West 4th St
- This event hosted by Firestone Valley Entertainment will feature spoken word poets, national comedian Lawrence Owens and DJ Mike Carleon on the aux.
Counterculture Club outdoor yoga series
- Camp North End
- Join Counterculture Club Yogain the Boileryard at Camp North End for a rejuvenating yoga flow, fit for all levels.
- 10 am.
Optimist Hall OH Happy Day! 2nd Birthday Celebration
- 1115 North Brevard St.
- Optimist Hall is turning two and is celebrating with a bounce house, lawn games, live music and face painting, food and drink features and a school supply drive.
- 11am to 8pm.
Front Porch Sunday
- Sycamore Brewing
- The event pops up on the grounds of Sycamore Brewing the first weekend of every month. Stop by for live music, food trucks, local shopping and of course cold craft beer.
- 11am to 4pm.
From Hollywood to Broadway Drag Brunch
- 200 East Bland St.
- The divas in drag are back with another sickening performance at All American Pub.
- 11am to 2:30pm.
Camden Block Party
- 1800 Camden Rd.
- South End businesses, including Selenite Beauty, Kenna Kunijo and Girl Tribe, are hosting a block party with exclusive discounts and of course good vibes. Expect Wildroots Coffee and other vendors, too.
Shelter Dog Birthday + Adoption Event
- Protagonist South End
- Calvin’s dog treats and toys will be on-site, plus One-Vet will be offering free exams. If you don’t have a furry friend, you can meet adoptable doggos who are looking for new homes.
Forest Healing Adventure & Meditation
- Reedy Creek Park (2900 Rocky River Rd.)
- Habitual Roots will lead guided walks, meditations, breathwork, and other activities to help you reconnect with nature and experience moments of deep serenity.
- Free, donations appreciated.
Pet Pop Up at Skiptown
- 222 Rampart St.
- Pamper your pet with locally made goodies like dog treats, pet accessories, and pet grooming products at Skiptown’s Pet Pop-Up.
Music on The Green
- 10844 Providence Rd.
- Every Friday and Saturday from July 30th to September 25th, Promenade on Providence is hosting a free summer concert series where guests are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy the music.
24 Hours of Booty
- Myers Park
- Walk or bike at the 24 Hours of Booty charity cycling and walking event. Funds raised will support organizations dedicated to cancer navigation and survivorship.
- 7pm to 7pm.
- Looped (walker and rider registration) $75; UnLooped registration $45.