My in-laws will be in town this weekend. We’re definitely grilling out on Sunday but there will only be six of us total. I bought a couple of packs of bratwurst for a total of $9.00, spicy brown mustard for about $4.00, sides which totaled about $15.00 and of course the adult beverages which I still managed to keep under $100.00. I’d say for six people that’s a pretty good deal, especially if you don’t include the alcohol. If you’re planning a party at the last minute, here’s the average cost of items for a 4th of July backyard BBQ for 10 people.
- Two pounds of hamburger meat with cheese and buns – $13.91
- Three pounds of pork – $11.63
- Two pounds of boneless chicken breasts – $6.74
- Two-and-a-half pounds of homemade potato salad – $2.75
- 32 oz. of beans – $1.90
- A 13 oz. bag of chips – $4.93
- Chocolate chip cookies – $4.02
- Two pints of strawberries – $5.30
- A half-gallon of vanilla ice cream – $4.69
- Lemonade for 10 – $3.65
Total = $59.52
Have a fun weekend!