There are plenty of people out there who have a bucket list of things they want to do before they die, but certainly, no two people have the same items on that list. So, what are some of the most popular things on Americans’ bucket list?
- Well, a new YouGov poll asked respondents just that and you may be surprised but the most common bucket list item isn’t all that difficult to achieve with just a little determination.
- The top item is to get healthy or lose weight (41%).
- Other top bucket list items include:
- Travel to an exotic location (35%)
- Achieve a wealth goal (like pay off a loan) (29%)
- See a natural wonder (28%)
- Own my own home (27%)
- Change someone’s life for the better (27%)
- Get married (22%)
- Having children (17%)
While many of these top goals seem somewhat ordinary, and not necessarily hard to check off, there were a few goals that are less common.
- For example:
- 13% want to meet a particular celebrity
- 12% want to do an extreme sport, like diving or bungee jumping
- 12% want to go to a particular music festival
- 12% want to write a novel
- 11% want to complete an act of physical endurance/strength like a marathon
- 10% want to invent something