There’s no doubt, compared to last year Americans are traveling again, and based on a new survey, the July 4th weekend is going to be a busy time for folks taking vacations.
The survey conducted by The Vacationer finds:
- 51% of American adults, or 132 million people, plan to travel for the July 4th weekend.
- That number is up from 14.72% in 2020.
- The number is also almost double the amount of people who traveled Memorial Day weekend of this year (27.17%).
- Of those planning a July 4th trip, most people (36,59%) will travel by car, while 11.26% will travel by plane, translating to about 29 million Americas.
And after a year of very little travel, folks are ready to open their wallets and spend more this year.
- 32.1% of Americans, or 83 million people, will spend more than $500 on Fourth of July travel.
- What’s more, 17%, or over 44 million people, will spend over $1,000.
And those who aren’t traveling July 4th, still plan on celebrating this year.
- The top ways folks plan to celebrate the Fourth of July include:
- Parade (16.27%)
- BBQ or Cookout (73.41%)
- Fireworks (61.31%)
- Beach (28.57%)
- Lake (22.22%)
- Sporting Event (5.95%)
- Movie Theater (8.73%)
Read the full article here!
SOURCE: Yahoo! Finance