People who have been previously incarcerated are sharing all the things the movies get wrong about prison. It all started on a Reddit feed.
Here are a few of those things:
- The whole “don’t drop the soap” is not real.
- No one whistles in jail. It sounds horrible through the hallway and pipes.
- Sometimes, the toilets don’t have bowls or anything and they’re actually just a draining hole.
- Everyone is actually very bored and will fight each other to just take the trash out. Those 10 minutes outside taking out the trash is golden.
- Drugs are easy to get in jail.
- The food does not look as “real” as it does in the movies. It more looks like mash.
- The only people whose lives are in jeopardy in prison are pedophiles, rival gang members, or anyone who is a jerk and bothering others for no reason.
- Most people just mind their business and do their time because they want to go home.
- A lot of people in prison are suffering from mental illness.
- Most people are not hardened criminals. They just made a mistake and want to leave.
- Inmates will oftentimes give each other life advice.
What is a movie myth you believed about jail that has been dispelled?