5 Easy Acai Bowls You Will Love
While I have been on my journey to health with Profile by Sanford I have become a big fan of Acai bowls! Acai bowls have become a go-to breakfast staple due to their supereasy, sweet smoothie base that can be topped off with everything from fruits, nuts, granola and yogurt.
These five recipes below require 5 ingredients or fewer and the only equipment you need is a blender and of course the acai itself (which you can find at a number of stores, including Target).
4-Ingredient Acai Bowl Recipe
- Frozen acai puree –
- Frozen bananas –use ripe bananas for a sweeter flavor
- Fruit juice – apple or grape work the best
- Toppings – blueberries, strawberries, bananas, granola and honey in any combination
- Add partially thawed acai puree in the blender along with frozen banana pieces, blueberries and juice
- Blend on low speed until smooth, pour into chilled bowls and add your toppings
5-Ingredient Acai Bowl Recipe
- Frozen acai puree
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 very ripe banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond mild
- ½ tabelspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup and topppings—fresh fruit, granola, peanut butter, coconut, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Place acai puree, berries, banana, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup into a high powered blender, blend until smooth, pour into a bowl, add your toppings and enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Acai Bowl
- Chocolate Acai Base – 2 ripe bananas, peeled, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 3.5 oz frozen acai puree
- Toppings – ½ cup chocolate almond granola, ½ cup pomegranate arils, ½ cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for dairy free option
- Put all of the chocolate acai base ingredients into a blender, breaking up the frozen acai base into pieces. Blend until sooth and thick, pour the base into 2 breakfast bowls, add your toppings and serve immediately!
Easy Acai Bowl Recipe
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 container (7 oz) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 ½ oz frozen acai berry puree
- Assorted toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, granola, etc.
- Add apple juice, banana, frozen berries, yogurt and acai puree in a high-speed blender. Blend thoroughly until combined and smooth, divide into 2 bowls, add toppings and serve.
Kauai Acai Smoothie Breakfast Bowls
- 5 oz raw pineapple chunks
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 pkg frozen acai puree
- Toppings: 1 mango, peeled and cubed, 1 cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts, optional spoonfuls of yogurt
- Place the ingredients into a blender, starting and low and working to high until completely blended, pour into 2 bowls and add the desired toppings to taste.
All of the above recipes are infinitely changeable to your taste, so experiment with works best for you!