I’m taking the family to Disney this summer. I figured, why not see how much this whole is gonna cost me!
So listen up if you are planning to visit the Happiest Place on Earth anytime soon.
According to an “Insider” report, a typical Disney World vacation will cost a family of four at least $6,033.
That breaks down as follows:
- Admissions tickets – $2,316, which is the price plus tax for five days worth of non-peak park-hopper tickets, which means it could go up for peak times.
- Food & Dining – $1,100, meal prices can vary, and there are certainly expensive options, but the least expensive options are the quick service restaurants where meals range from $15 to $20 each. There are also snack costs, costs for meals with characters and more. But families can purchase a dining plan, which for a family of four would go for $1,100.
- Accommodations – $2,617, that’s for a non-holiday weekend “value” resort. A family suite usually goes around $581 a night, so that price is for four nights for a family of four. The prices would be much higher for holiday weekends, or for the more high-end resorts.
- Transportation – While there are plenty of complimentary options, those who rent a car will wind up paying $15 to $25 for parking, depending on the resort, plus $25 to $45 a day to park at the theme parks.
- Merchandise, souvenirs and more – No doubt this area could get costly, with plenty of souvenirs to buy the kids, plus other optional expenses like a private tour guide and more.
And all of this, of course, doesn’t include airfare if you are coming from somewhere other than Orlando, so if you want to treat the kids, start saving…Or take a 2nd job!