Folks Are Divided Over How To Split The Check After A Night Out
Yesterday the show went out ot lunch and we had such a hard time splitting the check. At one point LauRen venmo’d Maney twice, then requested money BACK from him. When we had to pay him!
A new British poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- When it comes time to split the check at the end of the night, 34% think you should just split it down the middle, including the tip.
- 36% think it should be split based on what you had and how much you spent.
- 63% know that splitting the bill is part of the eating out experience.
- Yet, 43% admit they feel awkward when it comes time to figure out how to pay.
- The average person says it usually takes almost seven minutes to settle a bill.
- 52% say they’ve been embarrassed by how people they dined with handled the bill.
- 13% of people have actually had a falling out with someone over a restaurant bill.
- 28% say friends are the most likely to argue over the bill, with 16% having issues with colleagues.
And, of course, splitting that check doesn’t always work out fairly.
- 42% say they’ve agreed to pay more than they wanted just to get out of an awkward situation.
- 42% have also paid more just to look good.
- 20% have actually picked up the whole tab just to forgo the awkwardness.
- And 19% have left a bigger tip to make up for an uncomfortable payment situation.
Source: SWNS Digital