Hey, it’s okay!! Take a breath. If you’re graduating soon or have already graduated, I know exactly how you feel. The overwhelming sense of BLEH, right? Like you just want to give up, scream, throw up, and cry all at the same time.
I graduated from App State last May, even though we didn’t actually have a graduation ceremony. Yep, the pandemic hit two months before I graduated. And it SUCKED! Big time. At the time, I felt so lost with myself. I thought I had a job lined up, but then everything closed down, and I needed a Plan B…and C…and D.
If you feel like you’re in this exact position right now, or have been for a while, first know that you are most definitely NOT the only person going through this right now. Post-pandemic job hunting is NOT what you signed up for when you walked on campus during your freshman year. No one did! But it’s okay because everyone is going through it together. Honestly, I think that’s why TikTok is so comforting, at least for me, because we see other people going through the same type of stuff.
The new landscape of job hunting can be daunting so here are some tips I found:
- Be sure to look for jobs that match your skillset and find employers that are willing to invest in you.
- Study the industry you want to go into.
- Look at the top companies and compare.
- Read self-help articles that will give you the tools you need to land the interview and eventually the job.
- Remember sometimes it’s who you know, so ask friends, church members, family members, or neighbors if they may know of someone who you can seek out for employment.
I hope these help. You can read even more at mothership.sg.
Do you have job-finding tips that I didn’t include? What are your Plans B, C, and D?