If you know me, you know I enjoy air travel. Our airport here in Charlotte is growing fast. Maybe we’ll be top 10 busiest one day!
Not that many people actually got on a plane in the past year, and that’s affected the yearly rankings of the busiest airports in the world.
- For the past 22 years, Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport has held the title of the busiest airport in the world, but not anymore.
- According to Airports Council International, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport in China was the busiest airport in 2020, with more than 43 million passengers.
- Atlanta’s airport drops to two, with only 42,918,685 passengers last year, a drop of more than 67 million from the year prior.
- Other U.S. airports making the Top Ten include Dallas-Fort Worth at four, and Denver, Colorado at seven.
Top 10 Busiest Airports In The World
- Guangzhou, China (CAN)
- Atlanta, U.S. (ATL)
- Chengdu, China (CTU)
- Dallas/ Fort Worth, U.S. (DFW)
- Shenzhen, China (SZX)
- Beijing, China (PEK)
- Denver, U.S. (DEN)
- Kunming, China (KMG)
- Shanghai, China (SHA)
- Xi’an, China (XIY)
Source: USA Today