When you go on a first date you obviously want to make a good first impression, but you may not realize that what drink you may be ruining that for you.
A new survey, conducted by Jack Daniels, finds:
- The first drink you order on a date could be making a lasting impression on your potential match.
- Although it seems men are more critical than women, with 60% of men saying a bad drink order would be a “deal breaker,” compared to just 32% of women.
- 30% of Americans admit they ended a date early because of their date’s drink order.
- 62% of people say a person’s drink choice shows a lot about their personality.
- 65% of people think folks should order their favorite drink on a first date in order to reveal who they “really are.”
So, what drink orders leave a good impression on a date?
- Well, a martini is one of the top choices, with 60% of people saying it leaves a good impression.
- Other drinks that will leave dates impressed include:
- Gin and tonic (46%)
- Manhattan (45%)
- Cosmopolitan (42%)
- Whiskey Sour (42%)
- On the flipside, you don’t want to order a Long Island Iced Tea on a date, with 22% of people saying it would leave a bad impression.
- ONE MORE THING! A new survey, conducted by OnePoll, reveals the most popular cocktail in America and you may be surprised by the answer. The report taps the Margarita as America’s fave, with 26% of the vote, followed by a vodka soda (22%).
America’s Top Five Most Popular Cocktails
(click here for the complete list)