One of my Profile by sanford fitness goals is to drink more water, to the tune of 75oz a day! That’s a lot of water! At least for me it is, so I have to find creative ways to get myself going in the H2O department.
Drinking lots of water throughout the day has huge health benefits. There are a ton of negative effects to not drinking enough water including lack of energy, depression, and a slew of other health issues.
Here are some ways I have come up with to include more water in your day:
- Set an alarm – Use your phone to remind you when to drink. It’s on you all day anyway!
- Make it sparkly – If the water is a little more fun, it might be easier to get down more often.
- Use an app – Track your water intake with one of the many apps that do it for you!
- Upgrade your water bottle – Pick up something trendy to carry around with you at all times.
- Stock up – Keep water bottles everywhere you go – your car, your office, your bedroom.
- Try fruity flavors – Adding fruit to your water can be a great way to get the flavors a little more fun. This is my absolute favorite trick! Add some berries and mint or cucumber to jazz up your drink!
- Heat it up – Switch it up a little with a cup of tea or lemon water.
- Grab a pal – Enlist a friend to drink crazy amounts of water with you. Maybe even a little friendly competition.
- Rise, shine, and hydrate – Keep a glass of water on your nightstand so it’s the first thing you do when you wake up.
- Post it – Put sticky notes reminding you to drink water everywhere.
Drinking enough water can feel like a chore, but if you make it easy for yourself, you’ll never have to keep remembering!