The weather is going to be unusually warm and beautiful this weekend in Charlotte, with highs in the 70s and 80s. SO I know many people will be itching to get out in the community and do things.
While things are slowly starting to open back up, here are some options both virtual, and in person that are happening this weekend around town.
DISCLAIMER: Please wear a mask and follow all CDC guidelines to protect yourself and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- 329 McGill Ave. NW, Concord
- This three-day celebration will have delicious beer, food trucks and live music lined up for each day.
- 4-9:30 pm.
- 301 Camp Road #200
- Join Goodyear Arts in celebrating the work of the 2021 Artists-in-Residences, Reuben Bloom, Fred Smith and Nathan Matthews. Masks, social distancing, and capacity limits will be enforced for this in-person event.
- 5-8 pm.
- Online with SkillPop
- With the help of Chef Rosana Rivera, you’ll learn how to assemble, roll and cook this Latin American favorite and create sauces that will take your meal to the next level.
- 5:30-7 pm.
- Historic Latta Plantation
- Follow clues by torchlight as you search for Lucky the leprechaun and gold coins around Historic Latta Plantation. This hunt will take you to multiple historic buildings and through the forest. Once you solve the clues, warm up by a fire and enjoy cider, cocoa and cookies.
- 7-9 pm.
- A wine shop-turned-pizzeria and market opens today in Pineville. The pizzas are Neapolitan-style and topped with a St. Louis cheese blend.
- 11 am.
- Menu prices.
- Whitewater Center
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the Color Me Green 5K Trail Run where throughout the course you’ll be pelted with green powder. Participants can choose between a competitive division and a recreational division.
- 8 a.m. to noon.
- Charlotte Beer Garden
- There will be green beer, Guinness, St. Paddy’s day swag, and more fun surprises. Tickets are purchased by the table and include your 1st beer and a basket of Rueben bites for the table.
- 10 am to 11 pm.
- $25 per person.
- 408 N Tryon Street
- “Uptown Sweat” is a free, all-day fitness event at Victoria Yards in Uptown where workouts are set to a live DJ and led by six of Charlotte’s best fitness instructors.
- 10 am to 6:30 pm.
- Free, registration required.
- Queen Park Social
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day the Queen Park Social way at the 4th annual Shamrock Jam. There will be live music from Late Night Special and Unknown Artist, games, and drink specials that will have you feeling lucky. Indoor and outdoor service will be available with social-distance precautions. Masks are required unless actively eating or drinking.
- 11 am. Menu prices.
- 14825 Ballantyne Village Way
- Blackfinn Ameripub at Ballantyne Village is hosting a St. Patrick’s Day celebration complete with Irish food and drinks, live music, Irish bagpipers, and other festive activities.
- Noon to 5 pm.
- South End
- On Saturdays and Sundays, Slingshot is offering $5 mimosas with choices of orange juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry, and pineapple juice.
- 1 pm.
- Tommy’s Pub Eastway St.
- Join Maker’s Market CLT for back-to-back weekends of St. Paddy’s Day celebrations. Shop from 20 local vendors, enjoy live music and traditional food and drinks.
- March 13 & 20, 2-6 pm.
- Tune in virtually for an evening celebrating the traditions of Irish music, dance, and story-telling. All donations will benefit the Charlotte Irish American Center.
- 7:30 pm. Free, donations appreciated.
- There will be live music all day, SPB Nitro Stout & Guinness Drafts, Irish Car Bombs, and all day food specials.
- The Ballantyne Hotel
- 9:30-10:30 am.
- Optimist Hall
- Start your Sunday Funday at Optimist Hall with Besties & Brunch. Select tenants will have brunch menu items and specials.
- 11 am. Prices vary.
- Head to Nuvole Rooftop TwentyTwo for its 90s themed Sunday brunch series ‘Now That’s What I Call Brunch.’ The brunch items are sure to bring back 90s nostalgia with offerings like Sunny D mimosas and donut charcuterie boards. Indoor and outdoor seating is available. Reservations are highly recommended and face masks are required.
- Noon to 5 p.m.
- Menu pricing.
- Charlotte-based folk-rock band, Time Sawyer is back for their second installment in the “Sam on Sunday” live stream series. Performances are scheduled twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Sundays and streamed live from The Neighborhood Theatre.
- 7:30 pm.
- Free, donations appreciated.