Another Friday is here, and after what has felt like 2 weeks of rain, we’re actually looking like we’ll get some sunshine this weekend, which I am pumped about.
If you’re dying to get out of the house this weekend, or looking for some fun virtual events, there are a couple options of things going on around the QC you can take advantage of.
Remember to always wear your mask and follow CDC guidelines to protect yourself from Coronavirus.
Here’s what’s going on this weekend:
- This at-home Harry Potter science kit will allow you to along with witchcraft and wizardry professors from the Museum of York County as they explore different wand, alchemy, potions, and astronomy.
- 6 p.m.
- Chef Rosana will show you how to cook authentic, Italian risotto with mushrooms paired with an arugula and prosciutto salad.
- 5:30-7 p.m.
Drive In Movie Night: Scoob!
- 7242 Highland Creek Pkwy, Charlotte, NC 28269-0805, United States
- $20 per car
- Concessions will be available for purchase.
- Meet us at the White Water Center for a fun trail walk for all levels! Grab a drink, snack, or both afterwards! Bring your own dog or get cuddles and pets from other members pups!
- 10:45-11am for check in
- White Water Center
- Each Allstate Hot Chocolate 15k/5k race features both a 15k (9.3miles) and 5k (3.1miles) distance and all runners are encouraged to join the fun!
- There are 15 different pictures to choose from!
- Bring your favorite wine, beer or soft drinks for his sip-and-knit chunky blanket workshop. No prior knitting experience is required. Knit one for yourself or to give as a gift.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- This love-inspired trail features ten artworks in South End, Third Ward, NoDa and Plaza-Midwood. At each stop, you’ll learn about the artist, mural, and a fun fact about love or Valentine’s Day.
- Ticket includes yoga, one brunch item and a drink.
- 9 a.m.
- “I Heart Rail Trail,” the popular lights installation, returns to South End starting today with six new displays from local artists. The interactive light installations run from February 19 to March 7 along South End’s Rail Trail from 1100 South plaza to Atherton Mill.
- Feb. 19 to March 7.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway’s zMAX Dragway is being transformed into an interactive drive-thru experience, featuring more than 70 moving and life-like dinosaurs, as well as a 50-foot-long Megalodon.
- Through Feb. 21.
- $49 per vehicle.
- Mint Museum Uptown
- To celebrate Mint Museum Uptown’s tenth anniversary, In Vivid Color: Pushing the Boundaries of Perception in Contemporary Art brings together four innovative contemporary artists who create works celebrating the power of color and its transformative ability to permeate the space around us.
- Now through Sunday, February 28.
- Prices vary.