Remember when it was easy to go out to a restaurant or coffee shop on a first date? Well, no matter how great that date went, it often got awkward when it came time to pay the bill. And gals, if you want to make a good first impression, apparently you should at least attempt to break out your wallet.
A new survey finds:
- 56% of folks believe the bill should always be split on the first date.
- 68% of folks expect a date to at least offer to pay their share of the bill.
- It’s understandable that some folks think splitting the bill should be customary, especially since dating can get quite costly.
- When it comes to relationships, the average person will spend $406 on food, and another $314 on gifts.
- The most common gifts given to romantic partners include
- Clothing (48%)
- Perfume (43%)
- Jewelry (38%)
- And all this spending is particularly true when it comes to Valentine’s Day.
- In fact, the average person will spend $270 on their S.O. for the romantic holiday.
- The tops gifts include:
- Clothing (38%)
- Perfume (37%)
- Jewelry (34%)
Source: SWNS Digital