Last year wasn’t exactly a great year for travel thanks to the pandemic so it shouldn’t be much of a surprise to find out a lot of people didn’t exactly go on a lot of vacations. And according to a new survey, that just made Americans more determined to get away this year.
Expedia’s Vacation Deprivation Study finds:
- 36% of Americans say they plan to resume taking their regular vacations this year.
- 32% plan to take more than usual to make up for vacations they lost.
- Americans actually plan to take an extra five days of vacation this year, for an average total of 13 days.
So, where are people hoping to go this year?
- Destinations with the most searches for March/April include:
- Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen/Tulum, Mexico
- Cancun, Mexico
- Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Las Vegas, NV
- Orlando, FL
- Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit, Los Cabos, Mexico
- Miami, FL
- Oahu, HI
- Maui, HI