It’s the first weekend of February, and while many places remain closed or at limited capacity, there are still some safe and fun events and happenings you can take advantage of this weekend.
Here’s a list of some of the things going on this weekend in Charlotte. Please remember if you do choose to do anything, to follow CDC guidelines and social distance to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Tune in to hear the Ziad Jazz Quartet, with guest vocalist Toni Tupponce, as they serenade the audience with a playlist of jazzy love songs just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- 7 p.m.
- Free for members; $10 per household for not-yet-members.
- Atherton Rail Trail
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Whitewater Center
- first trail race of the 2021 Whitewater Race Series. Participants can choose from a 5k and 10k route with a frigid plunge along the way. The race will operate in a dispersed model due to allow for social distancing.
- 9 a.m. to. 2 p.m.
- 10-11:30 a.m.
- Bring water and a mat. If you prefer to workout at home, join this class virtually via Zoom.
- 9:30 a.m.
- CMPD Animal Care and Control
- 9-10 a.m.
HIIT Workout at Legion Brewing
- A socially distant body weight workout
- The #1 urban art showcase in Charlotte features sip & paint, raffle tickets, vacation voucher, food, and FUN! Located in the University Area in Charlotte.
- Fonta Flora Brewery at Optimist Hall
- They will have 6 different BA imperial stouts, all available on draught, in very limited quantities.
- The game will be streamed, there will be mimosa buckets and tasty treats for folks who come early.
- 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- This live, virtual program explores the musical contributions of African people tracing back from Africa to the Americas.
- 4-5 p.m.
- Spectrum Center