Most parents hope their children grow up to be strong and confident, and some have definite opinions on how to do just that.
A new survey finds:
- 82% of parents are making sure to take steps to raise their children to be confident.
- 47% do so by making sure to set a good example of confidence for their kids.
- 54% hope to inspire confidence in their kids by allowing them to do things on their own.
- 74% say to raise a confident child you need to have a close relationship with your kid.
- 80% say extracurricular activities help build up a child’s confidence
Many parents say celebrating childhood milestones also helps towards raising a confident kid.
- 78% of parents say they do their best to celebrate all their kids’ milestones and firsts, including:
- First lost tooth (49%)
- First steps (48%)
- Elementary school graduation (41%)
- First bath (38%)
- Middle school graduation (37%)