It’s completely understandable for people to get angry now and again. But lately it feels like some folks are generally angrier than normal, and it appears that’s certainly the case in some states more than others.
- Well, BestLife set out to determine which states are the angriest in the country.
- They judged each state by their 100-point Anger Index, which took into account fatal accidents involving road rage, online trolls and hate crime data.
- Based on all that info, Alabama is the angriest state in the U.S., with an Anger Index score of 100.
- In Alabama, 6.8% of fatalities are caused by road rage, while there are 1.3 road rage fatalities per 100,000 people.
- Although there’s little info on hate crimes per capita, 9.6% of Alabama’s Internet comments were toxic over a 16-month period.
- As for the least angry state, Oklahoma earns that honor, with an anger index of zero, with no fatalities caused by road rage, and 5.2% of their Internet comments being toxic, as well as having a .71% of hate crimes per capita.
Top Ten Angriest States in the U.S.
(click here to see where your state falls on the list)
- South Carolina
- New Jersey