Primary Menu

The MRL Morning Show

Weekdays 6:00AM-10:00AM

(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Warwickshire UK mom Lisa Boothroyd ate the mini fireworks when she thought they were confectionery.

Boothroyd found the box of Fun Snaps in Costcutter among lollipops, she said. But she was left with chemical burns after throwing them into her mouth.

The explosive devices burst in her mouth – leaving her in agony, with a cracked tooth and burns to her lip and mouth.

She has revealed: “I remember the moment I crunched down on a handful of the ‘sweets’ – and instantly felt explosions in my mouth.

“I felt a burning pain straight away.

“I’m still in agony and nearly lost a tooth after it cracked from the explosion.

“The ‘fun snaps’ were with all the other sweets, and the packaging was similar, so it was an easy mistake to make.

“I just keep thinking what could have happened if I’d given them to a child – they could’ve blown her mouth apart.”

The box reads ‘Fun Snaps’ along with ‘Snap! Crack! Bang!’ – which led her to assume it was popping candy.

A spokesperson at Costcutter said: “The safety of shoppers is our main priority, so we were very concerned to hear about this incident.

Link: Birmingham Mail