Now that people are starting to get vaccinated for the coronavirus, it’s certainly a reason to celebrate, and that’s exactly what some folks plan to do.
A new LendingTree survey finds:
- Over 80% of those who plan to get vaccinated are planning some sort of celebratory splurge after getting it.
- 30% plan to splurge on things like a fancy dinner or trip right away.
- 52% will splurge on something, but plan to wait a little to be sure.
- 19% are too terrified about their finances to do any sort of splurging.
But it’s not like folks didn’t splurge on themselves during the pandemic.
- 75% of people say they did splurge but mostly on things that would make them feel safe.
- Splurges included:
- Grocery delivery (30%)
- High quality facemasks (25%)
- Package delivery or mail pickups (23%)
- High quality vitamins (22%)
- Costco or Sam’s Club membership (13%)
- First class flight (12%)
- Workout equipment (12%)
- Larger Uber or Lyft (12%)
- At-home care or beauty treatments (10%)
- Upgraded home theater system (7%)
And apparently some folks have gotten used to these treats, because there are some things they plan to keep splurging on once the pandemic is over, including:
- Grocery delivery (63%)
- First class flights (61%)
- High-quality vitamins (61%)
- Costco or Sam’s Club membership (61%)
- Larger Uber or Lyft (61%)
- Package delivery or mail pickups (49%)
- Upgraded hotel rooms or Airbnbs (47%)
- Upgraded home theater systems (44%)
- Unfortunately for a lot of people splurging is just not in the cards. In fact, 15% of people say they don’t expect they’ll ever feel secure financially to allow them to splurge again.