I, like many people, am trying to eat healthier in the new year. I got an air fryer for Christmas, which has really inspired me to cook more and find better alternatives to what I had been eating (which if I’m honest was a lot of takeout.)
So, I have been scouring the internet to finds all types of creative and yummy recipes. The hardest part for eating super healthy for me has always been that I bored with the food, and I feel like there isn’t enough flavor!
That’s why I was so excited to find this delicious stuffed pepper recipe; not only does it taste good but there are less than 350 calories per stuffed pepper!
So I had to share… Hopefully you enjoy as much as I did!
- 1lb Ground Turkey
- 1 can Green Chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce
- riced cauliflower
- 6 bell peppers
- garlic, salt, pepper, chili spice, cumin
- Cheese (of your choice)
- Cut off the top, and pit the Bell Peppers and put them in the oven as it is preheating to 375 degrees.
- Saute the onion in garlic, and the green chiles in a medium pan
- Cook the ground turkey seperately
- Add the ground turkey to the onion mixture, and add the drained diced tomatoes
- Season however you want. (I used 1/2 the can of the tomato sauce, lots of chili, lime, cumin, and salt and pepper)
- Stir in riced cauliflower
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture, and cover with a layer of cheese on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.