With a lot of people not traveling to visit family this Thanksgiving, it will be up to themselves to make a meal on the holiday. Many will be cooking their Thanksgiving feast for the first time, and they are, understandably, a bit worried.
Thats why Whole Foods and Progressive Insurance are teaming up to provide a “turkey protection plan” to help 1st time hosts. The grocery chain is offering a $35 gift card to a limited number of shoppers who end up botching their bird. You’ve gotta purchase the turkeys from the Whole Foods between Nov. 11 and Nov. 22 are eligible for the insurance.
Of course most people won’t be able to get in on that deal, so they will be feeling the pressure!
A new Campbell Soup survey finds:
- 65% of people plan to celebrate Thanksgiving in their own home this year.
- Half will celebrate with fewer people than in a typical year.
- 22% will be first-time Thanksgiving hosts.
- 66% are worried about suffering an epic cooking fail.
- Most people are looking to make things as stress-free as possible.
- Because of that, 80% of consumers are expecting to use online grocery shopping services.
- 25% plan to use them more than they did last Thanksgiving.
- When it comes to what food they’ll cook, 77% said mashed potatoes is their favorite Thanksgiving side dish.
- 41% first-time hosts say Green Bean Casserole is the top “no fail” dish.