There are a lot of things to love about the holidays, but if you’re the one hosting, there are also a lot of things to hate, and one of the biggest things folks dread is the clean up.
A new survey finds:
- 46% of Americans hate cleaning for the holidays so much they’d be willing to pay $5,000 to have their home magically cleaned.
- The average person would pay $500 to have nothing to clean after a holiday gathering.
- As for the thing they dread most about the holidays, washing all the dishes topped the list (47%), followed by:
- Cleaning the whole home (44%)
- Prepping the food (36%)
- Cleaning up the dinner table (34%)
- Shopping for the food (31%)
- Waiting for things to be ready (30%)
- Too much noise (26%)
- Waking up early (25%)
- Catering to difficult family members (25%)
- Being in “host” mode (17%)
- Planning early meal in advance (17%)
Source: SWNS Digital