Who doesn’t love beer?
One of the many things I love about living in North Carolina is that we have PLENTY of breweries. Zymurgy Magazine, the publication of the American Homebrewers Association, just announced its a list of top beers and breweries for the year, and wouldn’t you know, one of them is right here in North Carolina. Here are the results below.
- Bell’s Brewery, Comstock, Mich.*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif. and Mills River, N.C.*
- Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa and Windsor, Calif.*
- Founders Brewing Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.*
- TreeHouse Brewing Co., Charlton, Mass.*
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.*
- The Alchemist, Stowe, Vt.*
- New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins, Colo.
- (Tied) Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Robles, Calif.*
- (Tied) Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.*
- Bell’s Two Hearted Ale*
- Russian River Pliny the Elder*
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale*
- The Alchemist Heady Topper*
- Bell’s Hopslam*
- Three Floyds Zombie Dust*
- Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale*
- Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA *
- North Coast Old Rasputin*