“Today” Show on NBC asked two nutrition experts Mia Syn, and Brigid Titgemeier to pick the three best and worst candies for Halloween!
- PayDay – With the highest amount of protein and even some fiber it may keep you more satisfied, keeping you from going back for more.
- Twizzlers – Although it has a lot of sugar, it has zero grams of saturated fat.
- York Peppermint Patties – They have the lowest amount of saturated fat of all the candies.
- Honorable Mention: 100 Grand – Because “they do not have questionable artificial ingredients.”
Least Healthy Choices:
- 3 Musketeers – It’s the highest in saturated fat and sugar.
- Mounds – It’s also high in saturated fat.
- Skittles – Among the highest in sugar with no nutritional value.
- M&Ms – They are loaded with artificial coloring
- Starburst – They are loaded with sugar, plus they have a ton of artificial colors and flavors.
So for this Halloween, you may want to monitor your kids’ consumption of those candies.