If you listen to the MRL Radio Show you probably heard my terrible Airbnb experience. The house was in the mountains, in the woods and it wasn’t very clean. Well, most Americans haven’t really traveled that far this year, and according to a new Airbnb report, that isn’t likely to change much next year. But if you do use Airbnb there’s 2 top spots in the Carolina’s to go! Durham NC, and Greenville, SC.
- 62% of Americans say in 2021 they are interested in taking a vacation “within driving distance”
- The site notes that people are looking for longer stays, in small to mid-size cities “with access to immersive natural surroundings and wide open spaces”
- Top 2021 destinations include Truckee River, California, Steamboat Springs, Colorado and Durham, North Carolina, as well as the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, Palm Springs, California and more
- 62% of Americans say in 2021 they are interested in taking a vacation “within driving distance.”
- And they’re not just traveling for vacation.
- 83% of people say they were considering relocating as part of remote work.
- 25% now believe they will be able to “live where they want” since they can continue to work remotely.
- The site notes that people are looking for longer stays, in small to mid-size cities “with access to immersive natural surroundings and wide open spaces,
With all this in mind, the site has revealed some of the top destinations for travel in 2021.
- Truckee River, California
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Durham, North Carolina
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Boise, Idaho
- Richmond, Virginia
- Greenville, South Carolina
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fort Walton Beach, Florida
The site notes that several winter ski resorts and beaches are also popular including:
- Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee
- Breckenridge, Colorado
- Davenport, Florida
- Palm Springs, California
- Tulum, Mexico
Source: USA Today