You can thank Ebony Elizabeth for sharing this recipe!!! Tis the season of fall boots and earth tones….of crisp leaves and hayrides! I love the fall. It’s always been my favorite season for food and fashion, among other things. Fall is an earthy, sensuous season with it’s own signature sights smells and sounds. Yes, fall is a mood, folks…a vibe that just wouldn’t be completely without a pumpkin spice flavored something! From lip balm to lattes, were here for it if its pumpkin spiced. So here I’d like to share with you one of my favorite pumpkin spice recipes: Pumpkin Pie Twists!
• Crescent Roll Dough
• Pumpkin Puree
• Brown Sugar
• Maple Syrup
• Pumpkin Spice
• Whipped Cream (For dipping)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin spice.
3. Unroll crescent dough on a cutting board. Cut the dough in half so you have two identical rectangles and lay them beside each other.
4. Evenly spread the pumpkin mixture over one of the rectangles of dough.
5. Place the second rectangle of dough on top of the first rectangle of dough like a sandwich. Make sure you line up all the edges.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into strips approximately 3/4 inch wide.
7. Transfer the strips to the parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Twist each strip by picking up one end and twisting it twice, then picking up the other end and twisting it another 2 or 3 times.
9. Brush melted butter generously over each twist.
10. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle evenly over each twist.
11. Bake at 375F for 8-11 minutes until golden brown.