While admitting a relationship is over is never easy, sometimes your partner makes it easy for you to finally decide things aren’t going to work and it’s time to call it quits. Well, now some people are sharing the moment they knew it was time to end their relationship, and some are pretty shocking.
It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question, “Divorcees of Reddit, when did you know your marriage was over?” Turns out there were plenty of people more than happy to chime in.
- “When I realized that I’d been trying to guess what mood she’d be in when I got home from work, so I could enter the house ‘appropriately’ and not make her any angrier than she’d already be.”
- “When I would go down into the basement and pretend to do laundry to get time by myself away from her.”
- “When our power was shut off, but he had just purchased a new ‘fun’ car for himself — three weeks after totaling his other ‘fun’ car.”
- “My wife wanted a break, so I moved out. I came back to collect some items, and I found there were a couple of condoms in the trash. Honestly, she did me a favor.”
- “When I ended up in therapy with his mom, instead of him.”
- “I’d just come home from another 12-hour shift at work. The baby’s diaper was dirty, the house was a mess, the sink was stacked with dishes, and my ex was goofing around on the computer like always. I had a light bulb moment where I realized it was easier to do it all alone.”
- “When I put on lingerie and he said, ‘Do we have to? Just because it’s our wedding night?’ Four months later, we still hadn’t had sex since our wedding — despite having done so prior to that.”