This weekend is Labor Day Weekend, and I’m sure it looks different for a lot of this year. Coronavirus has still put a big damper on travel, and Labor Day weekend is one of the larger travel weekends of the year.
Even if you did have to cancel your travel plans this year, and you’ll be spending the long weekend in Charlotte, there is still plenty of things you can do.
Here’s a list of some events, and things going on this weekend in Charlotte, but please remember if you do choose to go out, to wear an ask, and stay socially distant.
- 1118 East Kingston Ave in Dilworth
- Friday, 11 am-7 pm
- 20+ artists. Masks are required, admission is free.
Oktoberfest Can Release
- Blue Blaze Brewing
- Try the new Oktoberfest beer, enjoy live music and food!
- Friday, 2-7 pm
Oktoberfest Märzen Lager Release
- NoDa Brewing Company
- Friday, 3-10pm
Cabarrus County Food Truck Friday
- Gibson Mill
- Food trucks will include Plant 6 Provisions, Carolina Smash Truck, Taco Green-Go, Cousins Maine Lobster, and What The Fries
- Masks required.
- Friday, 5-10 pm
Labor Day Weekend
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- Live music all weekend
- Carrigan Farms
- It’s the last weekend to swim at Carrigan farms.
- $25 per person. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Labor Day Weekend Lowcountry BBQ
- The Ballantyne Hotel
- special Labor Day menu that will feature BBQ pork spareribs, sweet & savory Cheerwine beef brisket, and all the “fixings”- $24 per entree.
- 11am – 3pm
Kentucky Derby Brunch Pre-Party
- The Crunkleton
- Costume contest, and craft drinks. You must purchase a table to attend.
- $60 per person
- Saturday, 3-5 pm
- Old Town Cornelius
- Lake Norman YMCA will be screening “Toy Story 4.
- Saturday, 8:15-11pm