I’ve always wanted to make pasta at home, but I never had, until this past weekend.
Originally, the plan for this weekend was to go hiking, but with the crazy rain we had, we had to improvise. Luckily, a friend of mine invited us over to make homemade pasta, and it was so much fun.
One thing I did not realize… how EASY it is! She had a pasta maker that we used which made it that much easier, and we got the sauces from Pasta and Provisions here in Charlotte.
When I tell you it tastes night and DAY better, I’m not lying. It was so delicious, and now I want to make all my pasta from home.
Here’s the ingredients used
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Your favorite sauce
- Start by making the 2 cups of flour into a little bowl shape on the counter.
- Crack the eggs in the flour bowl, and whisk just the eggs at first.
- Slowly start incorporating more and more flour into the egg mixture while you mix until it is mixed.
- Once the mixture is more dough-able, start forming it into a ball (this part gets messy).
- Wrap the dough ball into saran wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, start rolling the dough through the pasta maker, slowly thinning the opening until it is your desired thickness.
- Finally, use the fettuccine slit and run the flattened dough through it one more time.
- One all your pasta is made, cook in boiling water for 5 minutes, and ENJOY!