With the Coronavirus pandemic STILL going on, I am looking for any and every reason to celebrate, and this is a pretty good one.
Friday, July 24th is National Tequila Day!
Tequila happens to be my favorite liquor and margaritas are always one of my do-to drinks. So I figured, since I’ll be drinking it, I might as well share my spicy margarita recipe that I love!
Cameron’s Spicy Margarita:
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila (my favorite is Espolon)
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Orange Liqueur (I use triple sec)
- 1/2 oz Agave syrup
- Chili Powder
- Mix together salt, and chili powder in a bowl. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the cup, and dip the rim of the cup in the spice mixture.
- Add two slices of jalapeno coins into a shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the shaker
- Strain the mixture into your cup
- Garnish with a jalapeno slice around the rim