A lot of cities are experiencing a heat wave at the moment. But for some parts of the country, these high temperatures are a normal summer occurrence, and in some places it can be truly unbearable.
- 24/7 Wall Street just came out with their list of the 50 Hottest Cities In America.
- Cities on this list reach temperatures of 90 degrees or more for an average of 67 days or more each year, and in some it’s more than double that.
- Texas has the most cities on the list, with 16, followed by Florida with eight.
- Topping the list is Phoenix, Arizona, which has, on average, 169 days of 90+ temperatures each year.
- The normal mid-summer high in Phonix is 106, with the highest temperature on record being 122.2.
For the record I worked in 4 of the top 50 cities; Memphis, Tucson, Sacramento and Little Rock Charlotte did not make the list!
Top Ten Hottest Cities In America
(click here for the complete list)
- Phoenix, AZ
- Tucson, AZ
- Las Vegas, NV
- Del Rio, TX
- Brownsville, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Austin, TX
- San Angelo, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Waco, TX