A Lot Of Parents Are Living With Baby Name Regret
Finding the right name for your child isn’t always easy, and it turns out there are plenty of parents who are living with regret over their choices.
A new UK poll, which could easily translate here, finds:
- A third of parents say they didn’t give enough thought to their child’s name.
- 73% of parents say they thought of better names after they named their child.
- As for why they regret their kid’s name, most say it’s because as their child got older the name no longer suited them.
- Other reasons folks regretted their child’s name include:
- My partner picked it (48%)
- My friend picked the same name for their child (37%)
- They get teased for it at school (32%)
- A celebrity named their child it (26%)
As for the names parents regret the most:
- Aurora tops the list for girls, with 35% of parents regretting that name.
- Hunter is the most regretted boy’s name, with 32% of parents regretting it.
Meanwhile, names that most parents would never give their child right now (for somewhat obvious reasons) include:
- For Boys:
- Boris (76%)
- Donald (62%)
- Manson (43%)
- For Girls:
- Karen (83%)
- Isis (73%)
- Meghan (61%)
Source: The Mirror