A lot of folks have been working from home since March, and it seems not many are excited to get back to the office. In fact, a new survey finds that some would go so far as to take a pay cut if it means they could continue to work remotely.
The survey finds:
- 89% of Americans are currently working remotely due to the coronavirus.
- 66% say they would take a pay cut in order to continue having the flexibility to work from home.
- 14% would take a 1-4% pay cut
- 29% would take a 5-14% pay cut
- 17% would take a 15-24% pay cut
- 34% would not take a lower salary for flexible remote work
- Those 35 to 49 are most willing to take a pay cut (74%), as compared to:
- 71% of those 18 to 34
- 47% of those over 50
- Men are also more willing than women to take a cut in salary (74% vs. 58%).
The bottom line is a lot of people aren’t necessarily ready to return to the office.
Source: Yahoo Finance