As some states reopen and others try to navigate COVID-19 spikes, there’s anxiety for many people about venturing out.
If you’re stressed about where you can safely go or how, psychologist and cognitive behavior therapist Vickie Norris shares with “Bustle” some steps to take to be comfortable.
- Take it steady, don’t take too much on too soon
- Work on building yourself up in stages progressively
- Don’t rely on a crutch such as alcohol or a helping hand in the short-term
- Challenge any negative thoughts you may have about the situations you’re planning to get yourself into
- Give yourself a reward to look forward to afterwards