Who doesn’t love a good cocktail? There’s wine and beer for sure… but cocktails, especially in the summer, can be yummy. But it turns out, what cocktail you prefer may depend on what state you live in.
- Groupon just released a list of the most popular summer cocktails in each state, and Washington DC.
- The info is based on Google searches over the past ten years.
- Overall, the Mojito is the most popular cocktail in the country, popular in eight states, including California, Florida, Texas and Idaho.
- The second most popular is the Tom Collins, a favorite of seven states, including New York, Washington, DC, Louisiana and Iowa.
Other popular cocktails include (click here for the complete list):
- Margarita – Arkansas, Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Vermont
- Vodka Martini – Connecticut, Maine, North Carolina, Rhode Island
- Sex on the Beach – North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia
- Bushwacker – Alabama, Tennessee
- Long Island Iced Tea – New Jersey, Oklahoma, Wisconsin
- Dark n’ Stormy – Colorado, Virginia
- Sea Breeze – Washington, Massachusetts
- Piña Colada – South Carolina, Georgia