A British couple is still confused after finding a deadly scorpion in their groceries.
The two say they were unpacking their grocery bags when they spotted the scorpion in a bunch of bananas. Though it appeared dead at first, they realized it was alive and opted to keep it as a pet.
They even named it Simon. That lovely feeling quickly faded as “Simon” got out of it’s enclosure and scurried away on their bedroom floor. They caught it in a jar before anyone was hurt.
The pair later discovered it was actually a bark scorpion native to Florida, whose sting can cause cardiac arrest or even death. Now, the bark scorpion is staying at the Surrey and Hampshire Reptile Rescue. No word on how it ended up overseas.