While there are a lot of things to be unhappy about regarding the coronavirus lockdown, it has given a lot of folks more time to spend with their pets, and that’s a good thing.
A new poll finds:
- 45% of pet owners say spending time with their pets during lockdown has increased their household’s happiness.
- 39% say their pet helped lower their anxiety during such a stressful time.
- 47% of millennials say they’ve gotten increased emotional support from their pets, something 43% of both Gen Zers and Gen Xer’s say.
- 20% of people say they prefer working alongside their pets rather than their co-workers.
Of course, this extra time is bound to change once people go back to work, and some owners are worried.
- 73% of pet owners are concerned about spending more time away from their pets when they go back to work.
- 59% are worried about their animals suffering separation anxiety when they have to go back to the office.