As a new foster family, I was wondering how life is for our pets during this stay at home.
A new Yahoo poll finds:
- 45% of pet owners say spending time with their pets during lockdown has increased their household’s happiness.
- 39% say their pet helped lower their anxiety during such a stressful time.
- 47% of millennials say they’ve gotten increased emotional support from their pets, something 43% of both Gen Zers and Gen Xer’s say.
- 20% of people say they prefer working alongside their pets rather than their co-workers.
And it certainly seems that pets are also benefiting from all this extra time with their owners.
- 33% of people say they now feel more attuned to their cat or dog.
- 38% of owners say their pets appear to be happier now than before lockdown began.
- 35% say their animal has been more playful.
- 65% of owners say they are showing their pet increased affection
- 47% of owners say they are talking to their pets more.
- Cat owners are more likely to talk to their pets than dog owners (51% vs. 47%)
- Although 33% of owners say their pets have put on weight, possibly due to getting extra treats.