Coffee & Alcohol Magic
When life gives you lemons trade them for coffee. When life gives you Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlua, spike said coffee and serve it with brunch. Seriously! Coffee is fuel but a decadent boozy iced coffee with Irish Cream liqueur and Kahlua must be how the gods wake up in the morning.
Brunch is my favorite meal of the day. The blend of sweet and savory flavors is the perfect late morning pick-me-up and mimosa is no stranger to my late morning spread. Sparkling champagne and OJ is a winning combination and a no brainer, but today I wanted to try something a little different. So without further adieu, I’d like to introduce you to my new favorite treat!
• Brew 6 ounces of coffee
• 2 ounces of Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
• 1 Ounce of Kahlua coffee liqueur
• 2 ounces of heavy cream or half and half
• Whipped cream
• Chocolate shavings
• First brew coffee and set aside
• Place cream/half and half, Baileys, Kahlua and ice in a shaker and swirl gently
• Place additional ice in a large glass
• Pour mixture into a large glass
• Add coffee to the glass and stir
• Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and caramel sauce if desired.
The best thing about this beverage recipe is that you can use your customization skills that you’ve been hiding all these years. This yummy drink can be served hot or cold with or without whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!