Chicago isn’t the only city that dyes its river green on St. Patrick’s Day. We have our own tradition here in Charlotte at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Sure, the river is man-made, but it’s still festive and very, very green.
The Whitewater Center’s annual Green River Revival is set for Saturday, March 14th. Plenty of fun activities are planned, including a 5K trail run, yoga sessions, live music and, of course, beer and food.
A traditional Irish Breakfast will be served from 10:00 AM to noon. The buffet will offer scrambled eggs, grilled ham and sausage, corned beef hash, breakfast potatoes, baked beans, and roasted tomatoes. Beer will be available for purchase. You must pre-register for the Irish Breakfast.
Here’s the full schedule of events:
- 9:00 AM – Color Me Green 5K Trail Run Competitive Division
- 9:00 AM – Outfitters Sale begins
- 9:30 AM – Slow Flow Yoga
- 10:00 AM – Pass Activities open
- 10:00 AM – Irish Breakfast begins
- 10:30 AM – Color Me Green 5K Trail Run Recreational Division
- 11:30 AM – Color Me Green 5K Trail Run Kids Run
- 11:30 AM – Open Level Flow Yoga
- 12:00 PM – Irish Breakfast ends
- 1:00 PM – River turns green
- 1:00 PM – Live music – Joslyn & The Sweet Compression
- 3:00 PM – Live music – Lee Fields & The Expressions
- 7:00 PM– Pass Activities close
Take a look back at the 2014 Green River Revival!