If you’re planning to tie the knot this year or just like keeping up with what’s in, you’ll want to know about the 2020 wedding trends. Some elements of ceremonies and receptions never go out of style, like exchanging rings and having plenty for your guests to eat and drink. But every year there are new trends in nuptials and these will be big in 2020, according to the experts at The Knot.
- Going green – Sustainable weddings are becoming more popular and can include everything from repurposing ceremony florals to sourcing locally grown food.
- Micro weddings – My husband and I did this 10 years ago and it worked great for us! We got to enjoy all of our wedding guests and quite honestly it slowed the night down for us a bit. This trend for tiny nuptials with 40 people or less is on the rise and gives couples the chance to celebrate with a small group of loved ones.
- Inclusive menus – Couples are being considerate of their guests who are vegan, have nut allergies, or other food restrictions or preferences.
- Self-serve refreshments – Not like a cooler full of cold ones, but fancy wall-mounted dispensers and tricked out bars where guests can create their own perfect cocktails.
- To-the-max fashion – More is more with wedding dresses in 2020. Big ball gowns, exaggerated sleeves, as well as embellishments and lace are very in now. Disney is about to launch a whole line of princess-inspired wedding dresses too!