As a foodie myself, I was so excited to see not one but two Carolina cities on the list of the Top US Foodie Cities in America. The coolest part is that I have eaten at a couple of these places too!
Charleston host one of my favorite steak houses of all time. Halls Chophouse is a must dine if you are ever in that neck of the woods.
The other Carolina town that I adore coming in at #1 is Asheville! I was recently in Asheville for Restaurant Week and I have a few new favorites. One of which made the list! Curate in Asheville is a Spanish Tapas restaurant that is worth writing home about! I even created a gallery (below) of our dining experience because the food was so amazing!
Yelp just released their list of the cities that have the highest restaurant ratings from out-of-towners to help hungry travelers find the best place to grab a meal in 2020. Here are their top five foodie destinations and some of the top-rated restaurants in each city.
- Asheville, North Carolina: Cúrate, Sonora, Rosetta’s Kitchen & The Buchi Bar, and Tupelo Honey
- Charleston, South Carolina: Lewis Barbecue, Halls Chophouse, Sorghum & Salt, 167 Raw and Maple Street Biscuit Company – James Island
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Kahiau Jerky Poke & Provisions, Garibaldi’s, Tane Vegan Izakaya, Oahu Grill, and Ōlena by Chef Ron Simo
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Cafe Porche and snowbar, GW Fins, Bearcat Cafe, Desi Vega’s Steakhouse, and Heard Dat Kitchen
- Portland, Oregon: Mumbo Gumbo PDX, Willow, Fried Egg I’m In Love, Thai Champa, and Akadi PDX