The 92nd Annual Academy Awards is Sunday night, and in 92 years, there have been more than a few crazy moments.
I have only seen like 3 of the movies that are nominated, so the main reason i’ll be watching is to see if anything else crazy happens during the show.
Here are some of the craziest Academy Awards moments in history:
The wrong winner…
- In 2017, Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty accidentally announced La La Land as the best picture winner, but it was actually Moonlight.
An impromptu kiss
- In 2003, Adrien Brody grabbed Halle Berry and kissed her when he went up to accept his award for best actor at the 2003 Oscars which wouldn’t have been so weird if they were dating but… they weren’t
- In 1974, a man named Robert Opel streaked across the stage while actor David Niven was speaking at the Oscars.
The Swan Dress
- Who could forget when Björk wore a swan dress and laid a “fashion egg” on the red carpet at the 2001 Academy Awards?
Marlon doesn’t accept his award.
- In 1973, Marlon Brando refused to accept his award for best actor in The Godfather at the Academy Awards because of Hollywood’s mistreatment of Native Americans. He sent up actress and activist Sacheen Littlefeather to refuse the award on his behalf
Jennifer Lawrence takes a tumble
- At the 2013 Oscars, J-Law tripped while walking up the stairs to accept her best actress award for Silver Linings Playbook.