Barbie is constantly introducing new dolls with impressive occupations and adding more inclusivity, like the Fashionista line that added dolls with a prosthetic limb and the skin condition vitiligo. And now the brand is bringing us dolls that are all about the self-care trend: the Barbie Wellness Collection.
These modern Barbies “will introduce girls to the benefits of self-care through play,” according to toymaker Mattel, and they’re using three themes to “promote emotional well-being,” – meditation, physical well-being, and self-care. There are several dolls in the new wellness line:
- The Breathe With Me Barbie comes with a necklace that plays five different guided meditation exercises kids can practice with Barbie.
- The Barbie Fizzy Bath Doll has her own bath products, including bath bombs and a bath brush.
- The Barbie Fitness Doll comes dressed in athleisure and has her own yoga mat, hula hoop, water bottle, protein bar, and gym bag. Not sure how I feel about this one.
- The Barbie Spa Doll wears a “comfy-chic” towel dress with a matching towel headband and pink spa shoes and she’s ready to soak the stress away with a candle, rubber duck, and a magazine.
- And the Barbie Relaxation Doll is ready to unwind before bed dressed in loungewear with her pillow, a tray and cup of cocoa, her journal, a sleep mask, a cell phone, and a laptop. Now, that’s my speed!
The brand has partnered with the mindfulness app Headspace to “raise awareness around nurturing overall emotional well-being through mindfulness exercises. And each of the dolls comes with a puppy, too, so Barbie won’t be lonely while practicing self-care.