Sure, I’m pregnant so I can’t partake, but I’d love it if you had one for me!
No matter who’s playing in the Big Game, the food is a huge part of the celebration. And so is having an adult beverage to go with it. While you’re cheering your team on and enjoying some of your favorite game-day eats, you’ll want to find the ideal wine to go with them.
- Buffalo Chicken Wings: Albariño – This white wine from Spain “tames the flames” of spicy buffalo sauce and its high acidity helps cut through the greasiness of fried wings.
- Barbecue Chicken Wings: Grenache – If you prefer your wings drenched in sweet, smoky barbecue sauce, this red wine with hints of berries is equally flavorful.
- Pulled Pork: Zinfandel – This red wine is low in tannins, so it won’t overpower the complex flavors of slow-roasted pork.
- Mac and Cheese: Chardonnay – Rich and cheesy mac pairs perfectly with Chardonnay.
- Potato Skins: Sparkling Wine – Try a bubbly to balance all the flavors of this classic appetizer.
- Pizza: Barbera – This red is considered an “everyday” wine in Northern Italy and it makes a great go-to pizza wine.
- Beef Sliders: Syrah – The smoky tones in this rich, full-bodied red complement char-grilled beef nicely.
- Hummus and Veggies: Pinot Grigio – A light and bright white like this highlights the citrus and sesame flavors of the dip.
- Guacamole: Sauvignon Blanc – This white helps make the flavors of the dipped pop and can cut through the oils of the avocado.
- Chili: Lambrusco – The subtle sweetness of this semi-sparkling red balances out even the spiciest chili.