Celebrate the last weekend of January in a big way with some of these amazing events going on around town this weekend… The one I definitely want to check out; the Bulldog Beauty Pageant… I mean, COME ON!
- Coyote Joe’s
- This local boy is back to play a SOLD OUT show
- 7 p.m.
College and Young Adult Night
- TreeHouse Vineyards
- Expect yard games like giant Jenga and corn hole, fire pits, a s’mores bar, and food trucks on site.
- 7-11 p.m.
Checkers Beanie Night
- Bojangles’ Coliseum
- The first 1,500 fans get a free beanie.
- 7 p.m.
Women United March 2020
- First Ward Park
- For the last three years Charlotte Women’s March and National Coalition of 100 Black Women-Queen City Metropolitan Chapter have been working together to advocate for women’s rights. Join them to share your voice and march for equality.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Annual Free Oyster Roast
- Reid’s SouthPark
- Come get some free oysters, while they last.
- 4-6 p.m.
2019-ish Chili Cook-Off
- Unknown Brewing
- $10 gets you in the door, unlimited chili samples, and live music.
- Noon to 4 p.m.
Southend Farmers Market
- Stop by for locally grown winter veggies and micro greens.
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tyler Perry’s “MADEA FAREWELL PLAY TOUR”
- Spectrum Center
- See Tyler Perry perform live.
- 7:30 p.m.
Hawkers Chinese New Year Celebration
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare
- To celebrate the Chinese New Year, red envelopes stuffed with gifts (a Chinese tradition) will be given to guests while available.
- 11 a.m. to midnight.
Lunar New Year Celebration
- Resident Culture
- Festivities include the traditional lion dance, performed by Hung Gar Kung Fu Academy and a lion dance “petting zoo” where you can try on the costumes and drums. The Dumpling Lady will be there all day with noodles and dumplings.
- Noon to 6 p.m.
2020 Annual Bulldog Beauty Pageant
- Lucky Dog Bark & Brew
- Dogs will be competing for Best Butt Wiggle, Best Smile, Most Team Spirit, Best Evening Wear, and a slew of other titles.
- 3-7 p.m.
Bumble x CycleBar
- 339 S. Kings Drive
- Show your show a Bumble Date, Bumble BFF, or Bumble Bizz profile to get a free ride and some refreshments afterward.
- 1:30-3 p.m.
Surge Fitness opening
- 2452 Park Road
- Surge is celebrating its opening day with three free classes (TRX, sculpt, or bootcamp) and if you decide to join, you’ll get a discounted rate. They’ll have food and smoothie samples, too.
- 8 a.m. to noon.
Onesie Pub Crawl
- Uptown Chartlotte
- Noon- 2am
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Expect live music, beer, Bloody Marys, and, of course, oysters.
- 1-4 p.m.
Ari Shaffir: Jew
- The Fillmore Charlotte
- Come see the comedian perform
- 8 p.m. $35.
- Charlotte Restaurant Week throughout Charlotte
- More than 130 of the city’s top-notch restaurants are offering three-course meals for $30-$35 a person.
- Times vary.
Whitewater Center Ice Skating
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- 17,000 square feet of ice on the Upper Pond of the whitewater river, and it has three areas (free skate, winter sports, and a 600-foot ice trail). The skating area also has a skate-up bar where you can buy craft beer, hot chocolate, and coffee. While you’re there, check out the half-mile walking trail of lights.
- $20 for single activity pass.
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Greater Charlotte Home & Landscape Show
- Cabarrus Arena & Events Center
- Soak in all things home improvement, gardening, and landscaping. And hear from Ati Williams, host of HGTV’s “DC Flippers” and principal of Honeycomb Residential, who will be presenting on the main stage.
- 2 p.m.